Saunders Family Farm Saskatoon Jam
The Saskatoon berries in our Saunders Family Farm Saskatoon Jam combine the sweetness of blueberries with the sourness of black currents. But, Saskatoon berries have their own unique taste. Enjoy these Prairie berries spread on cornbread or warm up and poured over waffles. On the savoury side serve with game meats like elk or caribou.
Saunders Family Farm Saskatoon Jam: Food and Beverage Pairing Chart
Produce Pairings: Fennel, Garlic
With Meat, Fish and Seafood: Pork, Elk, and Caribou
Herbs and Spices: Cloves, Ginger, Star Anise, Vanilla
Nuts: Pine Nuts, Walnuts
Sweet: Honey, Ice Cream, Lemon Curd, White Chocolate, Whipped Cream
Cheese Pairings: Cream Cheese, Gouda, Ricotta
Alcohol Pairings: Frangelico,
Why we love Saskatoon berries:
- This beautiful purple berry is indigenous to North America.
- The short growing season (July—for only two to three weeks!) makes this little berry precious.
- The name comes from the Cree word Mis-sask-quah-toomina.
- The Saskatoon berries in Saunders Family Farm Saskatoon Jam come from The Saskatoon Farm on the Prairies.
And Saskatoon berries are also:
- High in calcium, fibre, potassium, iron and magnesium!
You may also like: