Saunders Family Farm Pineapple Jalapeño Jelly
Saunders Family Farm Pineapple Jalapeño Jelly is full of fresh exotic tropical pineapple from Indonesia. The jalapeño give it a slight spicy bite. But, not too much! It’s one of our milder spicy jellies. We like this as a glazed for turkey meatloaf, for basting roasted ham or paired with coconut gouda cheese on a cracker.
Saunders Family Farm Pineapple Jalapeño Jelly Food and Beverage Pairing Chart
Produce Pairings: Tropical Fruit, Coconut
With Meat, Fish and Seafood: Chicken, Turkey Pork, Shrimp, Haddock, Mahi Mahi, Tilapia
Herbs and Spices: Ginger, Mint, Lemongrass, Rosemary
Nuts: Macadamia Nuts
Sweet: Dark Chocolate
Cheese Pairings: Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella, Parmesan
Alcohol Pairings: Rum
Why we love Pineapples :
- The name pineapple comes from the fact that this jaunty fruit is shaped like a pine cone.
- Pineapple was first brought to Europe on his voyage home from The New World, in 1493.
- March is the start of pineapple season, which runs until June.
And pineapples are:
- High in vitamin C
- Brimming with antioxidants
- High in manganese—which helps absorb calcium
- High in thiamin, a vitamin B used by the body for energy production.